Power Group Technologies Ltd
You are here: Our Key Projects
The company was incorporated in the year 2007 with the objective of providing world class engineering solutions and services. The company has its headquarters in Nairobi and satellite offices in Mombasa and Kisumu. It has a reputable client base of the biggest Power systems companies in Kenya and has specialized equipment, trucks, pickups and machinery that can handle all power systems installations.
Delivery of quality projects within timelines and budget is the key pillar for success. The company aim to delight all our clients, strive to retain them and work hard in delivery that gives them value for money. The objective of the company is to duplicate this effort in Kenya and the entire East African region.
Donor Funded Projects
Completed: NCB No: WB/REA/2013 -2014/006-Lot 1 Western Region-Rural Electification Authority
The company in 2017 completed construction 224km of 33KV and 11KV lines, installations of transformers and associated low voltage lines in the western Kenya region. This was a World Bank funded project targeting electrification of Primary schools.
COMPLETED: NCB No: WB/REA/2013 -2014/006-Lot 6 Coast Regional-Rural Electrification Authority
The company in 2016 completed construction of 136km of 33KV and 11KV lines, installations of transformers and associated low voltage lines in the coast region. This was a World Bank funded project targeting electrification of Primary schools.
CURRENT PROJECT- KP1/6D.3/PT/AFD/A41- LOT 1 DESIGN, SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SINGLE PHASE DISTRIBUTION TRANSFORMERS MEDIUM AND LOW VOLTAGE LINES – WEST KENYA (Transformer Densification)
The company is involved in construction 206km of 33KV and 11KV lines, installations of 203no single phase transformers and associated low voltage lines in the western Kenya region. This was a African Development Bank funded project targeting electrification of households.
Safaricom Power Lines Project
As a prequalified contractor by Safaricom for construction and commissioning of KPLC grid to the base stations since 2009, the company has been involved in design, wayleaves acquisitions, construction, commissioning and metering of over 920kmtrs of 33KV and 11KV HT lines, over 1550kmtrs of 415V low voltage lines, establishment of over 80 substations stations and metering of over 770 Safaricom BTS sites in various parts of the country. This is an ongoing project.
Safaricom MSR Projects
CURRENT – The company is also involved in system maintenance of Safaricom MSR and media gateways. This involves maintenance of generators, transformers, rectrifier, AVRs, air conditioning systems in Athi River, Thika and the coastal region in Kenya Maintenance in the Eastern and Coast region of Kenya.
1. The company has been involved in various projects for renewable energy. Among them are installation and lighting of primary schools with solar in Narok County funded by Rural Electrification Authority and NGOs.
2. Supply, installation testing and commissioning of 20KW mini-grid solar plant in Nairobi
3. Supply, installation testing and commissioning of solar PV system 20no primary schools in Samburu county in the year 2015.
4. Installation of solar water pumps system in Tasia Embakasi
Labour And Transport Installastion Of 66,33,11,0.415 And 0.240KV Power Lines And Distribution Substation
1. KPLC HIGH VOLTAGE POWER LINES ON WOODEN POLES – The company, as a pre-qualified contractor for construction and maintenance of 66, 33, 11, 0.415, 0.240 (KV) lines and equipment from 2008 to date has so far constructed over 500 schemes in Nairobi and Mount Kenya region.
2. KPLC HIGH VOLTAGE POWER LINES ON CONCRETE POLES – Our company as a pre-qualified contractor for construction and maintenance of 66 , 33,11,0.415,0.240 (kv) lines and equipment from 2008 to date, has so far constructed and commissioned over 150 schemes in Mount Kenya
3. RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AUTHORITY – Our company, as a prequalified contractor for construction and maintenance of 66,33,11,0.415,0.240(KV) lines, has so far constructed cumulatively approximately 220 kilometers of 33kv and 11kv lines and installed over 55 no. distribution transformers and the associated low voltage lines.
CURRENT – The Company is constructing various projects of approximately 35km of 33KV and 11KV lines aimed at powering primary schools in Lamu, Kakamega, Busia and Vihiga counties.
Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of SM6 Switch Gear in Kenya Ports Authority Mombasa
This involved supply and installation of extensible 2no SF6 complete with SCADA system and 1250KVA transformers together with associated civil works
Installation, Commissioning And Maintenance Of 132KV TO 11KV Metered Switch Gear And Equipment
Power Group Technologies
1. SAFARICOM – Additional of a 30000ah Battery bank to rectifier 4 government chemist Mombasa MSR.
2. MOMBASA CEMENT, REA VIPINGO – Installation and commissioning of 132kv and 6.6kv switch gear and equipment.
3. ISL LTD – Athi river-installation of 11kv switch gear
4. MOMBASA CEMENT ATHI RIVER PLANT-Installation and commissioning of 66kv and 6.6kv switchgear and equipment.
5 THOMAS DE LA RUE-Maintenance of 11kv Switch gear and equipment (Transformer, Circuit breakers, Main circuit breakers, Power stabilizers protection equipment power DC power back up)
6. SPINNERS AND SPINNERS RUIRU – Maintenance of 11kv switch gear and equipment.
7. CHANDARIA INDUSTRIES – Maintenance of 11kv Switch gear Equipment.
8. BAMBURI CEMENT – Maintenance of 66kv and 11kv switch gear and equipment
9. MAGADI SODA – Maintenance of 11kv switchboard
1. Construction of 7.5MVA substation at Oyugis, that involved construction of perimeter wall, guard house, control room building, equipment foundations, drainage system, cable trenches, transformer platform, access road under KPLC KEMP projects.
2. Construction of 7.5MVA substation at Sosiat, that involved construction of perimeter wall, guard house, control room building, drainage systems, cable trenches, transformer platform and access road under KPLC KEMP projects.
3. Construction of 23 MVA substation at Kisumu Miliimani, that involved construction of perimeter wall, guard house, control room building, drainage systems, cable trenches, transformer platform and access road.
4. Construction of REA and KPLC substations.
5. Construction of substation and generator rooms for Safaricom in MSRs and BTSs.
6. Construction of 1no Apartment in RUIRU.
7. Construction of 4no Apartments in Tassia Embakasi
Saku Business Park, Godown No.6
Old Airport Road, Embakasi
P.O Box 5495-00506,Nyayo Stadium,